We have been receiving some news from SolGold about how drilling is progressing at Cascabel (link and link).
- No surprises, the holes announced (18, 19 and 20R) hit copper mineralization where expected
- Hole 18 is an infill hole = will return great grades but won't add many tonnes
- Hole 19 and 20 are very conservative, with minor (50-75m) step outs from earlier decent grade holes
- they appear to show that the porphyry is quite narrow (~250m wide)
Maybe next time...
Here are my officially bad (tm) resource calculations
So that isn't too bad, it will be interesting how these results compare to the official numbers.
You can download my 3D model and resource calculation spreadsheet from here (link), and you can e-mail me if you want the complete project.
Section 1 - Hole 18
|Black bars = where DH have intersected copper mineralization in SolGold PRs|
- 0.5% Cu and 0.5 g/t Au from 1000 to 1450m
- including ~0.8-1% Cu and >1 g/t Au from 1050 to 1250m
Section 2 - holes 19 and 20R
|Red line - approx. extents of porphyry mineralization|
- 0.5% Cu and 0.6 g/t Au from 325.6 to 1161.5m
- including ~0.6-0.8% Cu and ~1 g/t Au from 850 to 1161.5m
- 325.6 to 850 will run around 0.4% Cu and 0.35 g/t Au
One downside is that the porphyry appears to be quite narrow (only 250-300m) wide, the best mineralization is very deep (750m depth).